Amazon Requirements — You need to be logged in to Seller Central to view this
Pro Merchants who sell on Amazon.com must provide proof of insurance. This insurance, obtained at the merchant’s expense, covers up to $1,000,000 per occurrence to include products, bodily or personal injury, property damage, and other requirements as stated in the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. The insurance must indicate that Amazon.com and its affiliates are added as additional insured.
To audit compliance with these requirements, Amazon.com has contracted with IDS; from time to time, IDS will contact merchants to ask for proof of insurance. If you are contacted by IDS, please submit your Certificate of Insurance to IDS (and not to Amazon.com). If you have questions about the acceptance or declination of your coverage, please contact IDS using one of the following methods:
* Phone: (951) 766-2213
* Fax: 951-766-2299
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Postal: P.O. Box 12010 – AZ, Hemet, CA 92546-8010
Please note: IDS will not ask you for your account login or password, nor will IDS direct you to a Web site to verify any information. IDS does not have any access to your Amazon.com or Seller Central account, and will not gather information about your account other than proof of your Certificate of Insurance.
Summary of Requirements for Pro Merchant Insurance
The Certificate of Insurance must:
* Be an original document.
* Contain an Additional Insured Endorsement.
* List all subsidiaries or DBAs covered by the certificate provided.
* Provide at least 30 days notice of cancellation, modification, or non-renewal.
* Show complete insurance carrier names as listed in the A.M. Best Property & Casualty Guide.
* Be completed in its entirety and signed.
Please note: Binders are not acceptable.
You must have Commercial General Liability (CGL), Umbrella and/or Excess Liability Insurance coverage with limits of not less than:
* $1,000,000 for all products and completed operations aggregate $1,000,000 for each occurrence, such insurance to include products, products/completed operations, bodily injury, personal injury, broad form property damage and broad form contractual coverage
The required Additional Insured wording must be as follows:
“Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates, as their interests may appear”
For a complete list of the insurance requirements, please see the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement.
IDS will be sending letters out to merchants informing them of the insurance requirements. You can see a copy of the letter here.