To have a successful eCommerce business means taking advantage of different marketing channels to reduce the risk of relying solely on one channel, which ultimately lead to more sales in the long run anyway.
It’s surprisingly common to hear about very successful eCommerce businesses (and online businesses generally) that crashed because they never thought to diversify their marketing outside of Facebook advertising and then their account gets shut down or costs started rising dramatically making it unprofitable.
While the main forms of paid acquisition includes Facebook/Instagram and Google Ads (SEO, search ads and sometimes display/GDN), YouTube has become a very powerful marketing channel to add to your arsenal.
A lot more people search on YouTube for “how to” videos instead of using Google search. Adding YouTube to your eCommerce business is can be very beneficial and the earlier the better to start gaining some traction.
To help you gain traction is where VidIQ comes into play.
The free version is a great way to get started with VidIQ and offers features such as:
- 1 user and channel: upload as many videos as you want to a single channel.
- Audience demographics. Learn about your subscribers: their age, gender, location, and other data.
- Track 3 competitors: tools to make you aware of what others in your niche or industry are up to.
- Basic video analytics (for Web Suite): latest views, minutes watched, subscribers, and other vital stats.
- Video Scorecard for Chrome extension: VidIQ Score to instantly see how your videos are performing.
- 1 trend alerts with limited options. Trend alerts provide you with valuable insights on what topics to cover in your videos.
The pro version of VidIQ offers an extended version of the basic plans with 6 competitor tracks, 1 trend alert, historical analysis (to learn how your videos are doing over time), find your top tweets for your videos, top trending videos (find out which videos in your niche are trending).
The pro version starts at just $7.5 per month and can be good value for small to midsize companies. The boost plan is $39/month and it includes all the Pro features and more which is a good option if you’re serious about YouTube.
The advantage of VidIQ is to get your more views on your YouTube videos, thus more exposure of your product or brand, more traffic to your website generally and more sales.
But how does VidIQ helps you do that?
SEO and Keyword tools
Just as your product title and description plays a huge role for SEO in your eCommerce store, the same thing applies for your YouTube videos.
The features listed below help you optimize your YouTube videos so you can get the most views and high rankings.
- YouTube Keyword Tool – search for keywords in any niche and find out the number of views and subscribers as well as competition. VidIQ gives a Keyword Score that gives you an idea of a keyword’s value.
- Keyword Inspector – Provides you with even more keyword information such as related videos and interest over time.
- Inline Keywords – Reveals the tags used by your competitors.
- Keyword Translator – Translates your titles, descriptions, and tags into multiple languages to reach a global audience.
- Keyword Templates – Create tag templates that you can easily insert into any future videos.
Another important tool that VidIQ has is the Trends alert. Tracking trends so you can produce marketing videos that most people can relate to is crucial. With trend alerts, you get set email notification when certain topics are trending. You can pick a topic/niche you can track and find out what keywords are performing well on the trending topics you picked.
The Most viewed feature on VidIQ helps you track trends based on filters you set that is most appropriate to your vertical.
VidIQ offers a series of features you can use to track key metrics so you can optimize your videos and get the most out of them. Listed below are some examples. With VidIQ’s Scoreboard feature, you get instant access to all your important metrics:
- Overview of key data points: See views, views-per-hour, average view time, as well as the top countries and devices from where your videos are viewed.
- Video Optimization Checklist: see a green check or red cross for factors such as title, tags, description, thumbnail, social media shares, and more.
- Channel analytics: Measure video performance in the context of your channel. Stats include total channel views and average daily views and subscribes.
- Historical data: Chart the performance of any video from the time it was uploaded to the present.
- Related videos: See related videos that are trending.
- Best time of day: Identify the optimal times for uploading your videos.
- Productivity tools: Comment templates and bulk editing for cards and End Screens.
- Learn about subscribers: Find out which videos and channels your audience is watching in addition to yours.
- Real Time Stats Bar:The Real Time Stats Bar lets you see the most up-to-date numbers on views and subscribers. You’ll see a graph as well as metrics broken down by the hour and day. You can track how a video is trending over any time period, right up to the present moment.
Another great tool that you might have seen when looking at YouTube videos are these super creative, attention grabbing thumbnails. If you ever wondered how people make them, look no further. VidIQ has a Thumbnail generator you can customize by adding texts, pictures, font, borders, and so on.
Available on the Boost and Enterprise plans, Facebook Syndication is a VIdIQ features that lets you automatically download your YouTube videos on your Facebook page.
Are you currently on YouTube? If not, consider making YouTube one of your marketing media and save yourself time and money by using VidIQ.
You can get started now with the free plan to get a feel for the software before deciding whether to upgrade to the Pro or Boost plan.